Counsellor London Bridge SE1, Central London & North London ( Muswell Hill N10)
As a person with epilepsy I have learned how to turn a disability into an advantage and how to cope with anxiety. I believe negative situations can be used to push you forward and motivate you.
Do you wish to overcome anxiety, bring about real change, and pursue satisfaction in your life? Throughout our work I will help you examine and modify the long-standing patterns that interfere with functioning, relationship issues and quality of life. I can help those who are in crisis or have general depression, anxiety or relationship issues to figure out a way to resolve their difficulties, gain happiness and pursue life goals.
Objectives of our work together might include:
• Bringing out the best in yourself; allowing your strengths to guide you
• Flourishing and growing rather than just coping
• Being the best you can be
• Experiencing happiness and joy as a way of life
• Increasing closeness and intimacy in your relationships
• Feeling productive and purposeful in your work
• A significant shift in perspective
• A new foundation of awareness and self-esteem
• A degree of relief from the pressures of painful emotions
• Being able to accept the people and things you cannot change
• Centering your life on your values and the people you love
• Learning to manage emotions well on a daily basis – regardless of life’s
ups and downs.
I use a variety of methods to help access self-insight through activities such as: dialogue, art, imagery or role-playing. During our work together we will strive to identify ineffective patterns of thinking and behavior and develop healthier, more effective alternatives. Within a safe environment, I will encourage you to take risks, try new things, and practice the change you hope to achieve. All aspects of the counselling process are designed to help you experience real behavioral change and eliminate the problems that impede healthy relationships.
Together we will look at your life history and the reasons why you are continuing with the behaviour which contributes to your anxiety, low self- esteem, relationship issues, depression and misery. Remember, no situation is too difficult to work on. Every person is unique and I tailor make a bespoke plan that fits your specific needs. I strive to offer the highest quality care and I consult with leading specialists in confidence for my clients.
I must have something good to say as the register of professional counsellors 'Counselling Directory' as well as other newspapers have published my articles on: anxiety, depression, confidence, stress........ and how to achieve the lasting changes you desire (http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk).
My role as a counsellor/ therapist
Through Victim Support, Trauma agencies and COUI work I have extensive experience in the following areas:
• Anxiety and Panic Attacks
• Stress and Tension
• Low self-esteem and Confidence Issues
• Absence of direction or meaning in life
• Loss and Bereavement
• Life Coaching and Personal Development
• Postnatal Depression
• Child related issues and parenting difficulties
• Trauma and Crisis situations
• Difficulties in relationships or at work
I work on specific short-term issues as well as on an open ended basis in Central London, London Bridge SE1 and North London (Muswell Hill N10) .
To make counselling & psychotherapy more accessible I work evenings and offer flexibility.
Counselling and Psychotherapy in Muswell Hill N10, London Bridge SE1 and The City of London.
I am easy travelling distance for Central London, East London, and South East London as I'm a short walk from London Bridge station SE1.
I also offer counselling & psychotherapy in North London (Muswell Hill N10).
I am Irish, born in Dublin Ireland.